2 Heads of Programs Middle East in Cologne, Germany
The forumZFD is looking for two experts to join its team and to oversee and manage the programs in Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon and Israel and Palestine, with extensive travel within the region, starting from October 2022.
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany and eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates a civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) Consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
As Head of Program Middle East in the Projects & Programs Department in Cologne, you will be responsible for selected country programs in the region and be part of the management team of forumZFD. As an expert on the region your goal is to support the development of the strategic direction of the programs and initiate the program set up accordingly.
Your main tasks are overseeing staff and financial management of programs. While planning the program set up you will apply a participatory approach, considering the cultural aspects and local context factors. You will link to the already existing management and communication structures within the forumZFD program team - this includes also the documentation and presentation, internal knowledge-management processes and PM&E on program level. You report directly to the Executive Board and represent the forumZFD in relevant committees.
Your tasks in detail:
- You supervise country directors of program offices in the Middle East.
- You are responsible for recruitment and management of international staff deployment and support country directors in local staff management.
- You are responsible for the strategic and conceptual management of the country programs and quality assurance.
- You are responsible for the financial and budget management of the country programs.
- You represent forumZFD vis-à-vis donors, cooperation partners, national and international stakeholders.
- You represent the country programs in public and media.
- You participate in the overall management circle of the organisation.
- Master’s degree, preferably in social and societal sciences or comparable qualification
- Proven work experience in peacebuilding or conflict transformation abroad (preferably in the Middle East) or in other international working fields (Development Cooperation or Humanitarian Assistance)
- Sound professional experience in project and program management in an international context/organisation
- Proven experience in managing complex processes (project management, people management and financial controlling)
- Extensive leading skills in (systemic) consulting in a participatory environment
- Strong strategic and reflective skills and practical knowledge in the application of impact-oriented methods
- Ability to work under pressure, self-confidence, ability to deal with conflict, crisis resilience
- Being fluent in English, German is an asset
- Willingness to travel, also abroad and into high risk countries
- Experience in and enjoyment of teamwork, with a good sense of humour
forumZFD offers an attractive position in a dynamic, constantly evolving organization in the beautiful Cologne district of Ehrenfeld. Here you will contribute your ideas and skills to the team-oriented and cooperative working environment of an internationally active peace organization.
The position is permanent as an 70-80% position (28-32 hours/week).
The remuneration is based on the works agreement on wage structuring. The advertised position is assigned to salary group 5 (head). In all salary groups, the remuneration increases with the length of service within the company.
For more information, see https://www.forumzfd.de/de/arbeiten-der-geschaeftsstelle-koeln.
forumZFD offers flexible working hours (core working hours) and opportunities for further training, e.g. at the Academy for Conflict Transformation in the forumZFD. Furthermore, forumZFD offers a job ticket as well as an ethical-socially oriented company pension scheme including employer contributions.
You can expect a competent team of committed employees and a workplace in a (family) friendly peace organization with high professional and methodological standards – decided for peace.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of October 2022.
Please send your application documents including your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date by 11. September 2022. Please apply exclusively via the website of the forumZFD
https://www.forumzfd.de/de/jobs (please upload a maximum of three files).
The interviews are expected to take place on in week 38 in Cologne.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Alexander Mauz (email@example.com).
More information about the forumZFD and our work can be found at http://www.forumZFD.de. These and other job postings can be found under http://www.forumZFD.de/jobs. The forumZFD consists of a diverse team. Therefore, it welcomes applications from all interested persons, regardless of their origin, religious affiliation, sexual identity or disability. You are asked to refrain from sending an application picture, as we want to promote a world that allows for greater equal opportunities.