Advisor for Advocacy and Communication in Belgrade/Serbia (m/f/d)
We are looking for an advisor for advocacy and communication based in our regional office in Belgrade, with extensive travel within the region and Europe, starting from March 2024.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumZFD is seeking a full-time advisor for advocacy and communication for its regional office in Belgrade, Serbia, who would also be working in close cooperation with the four other forumZFD offices in the region (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, and North Macedonia). The main approach of the programme in the Western Balkans is dealing with the past (DwP), while key areas of activity are youth and peace education; research, art and culture; and peace and media.
- Advanced degree in peacebuilding and international politics, journalism, PR; or public policy, or other relevant fields;
- Thorough knowledge of the political, social, and historical contexts of the Western Balkans;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in advocacy and peace building or related fields, preferably in the Western Balkans;
- Proven track record of developing and implementing communication and advocacy strategies;
- Experience in independent pro-active planning, and implementation of co-operation projects with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Excellent understanding of different tools and social media platforms and how they can be positioned in different scenarios;
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Strong experience in facilitating workshops, training and sharing skill building know-how;
- Good ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with team members;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society and challenging context;
- Fluent English and German language skills both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of one or more of the Western Balkans languages;
- Driving license and experience;
- A good sense of humour.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Advisor for Advocacy and Communications you will contribute to the Western Balkans Program of forumZFD as part of the regional office team in Belgrade/Serbia. Tasks will include:
- Conduct and coordinate research on relevant policy issues in the context of dealing with the past and peace initiatives in the Western Balkans;
- Analyse political, social, economic, and cultural trends that impact the organisation’s advocacy efforts;
- Implement the forumZFD advocacy strategy in close cooperation with key internal and external actors and partners and if necessary, identify further key advocacy areas and priorities;
- Be responsible for the program’s joint external communication and primary point of contact with the forumZFD Head Office communications and policy team.
- Represent the organisation in meetings with actors on local, national, and regional level in the Western Balkans;
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers to advocate with key stakeholders for sustainable peace in the Western Balkans;
- Cooperate with other civil society actors and networks to amplify advocacy efforts;
- Participate in relevant forums, conferences, and working groups to enhance collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
As an advocacy adviser working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and skills within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of countries outside of forumZFD’s WB program. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working from March 2024 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/jobs/ (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 21 January 2024.
If you have any questions regarding the selection process please do not hesitate to contact Kristen Schubert at email@example.com. Please find further information about our organization and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.
Our work in the Western Balkans is described in more detail at www.forumzfd.de/en/western-balkans. You will also find more information about our and our partners’ work in the area of Dealing with the Past in the Western Balkans at www.dwp-balkan.org
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!