Advisor for Cooperation and Development (m/f/d) in the Academy for Conflict Transformation
forumZFD is looking for an Advisor for Cooperation and Development (m/f/d) in the Academy for Conflict Transformation at the head office in Cologne-Ehrenfeld.
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany and eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates a civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) Consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
As a consultant for cooperation and development, you are responsible for maintaining existing cooperations with partners and establishing new ones, as well as conceptualizing and accompanying tailor-made trainings for them. In addition, you are responsible for the coordination of all specialized trainings offered by the Academy. You keep an overview of that portfolio, monitor and evaluate the relevance of respective activities and ensure that our own quality standards are met. Furthermore, you manage and improve the cooperation with the programmes of forumZFD. You report directly to the Head of Qualification.
Your tasks in detail
- Conceptualization, organization and implementation of customized seminars, including consultation with cooperation partners and preparation of offers
- Coordination, conception and quality management of all specialized trainings of the Academy (online and in presence)
- Selection of trainers and ensuring that relationships in our trainer pool are active and taken care of
- Further development of the cooperation with the programmes of forumZFD (working groups, bilateral contacts, feedback loops on current peacebuilding topics)
- Establishing and maintaining relevant networks
- Representing the Academy in national and international events to ensure our presence in the most relevant peacebuilding discourse settings
- Active participation in the further development of the Academy's portfolio
- Collaboration on further processes in the qualification team as well as cross-team processes
- (Technical) university degree in social sciences or another field close to peace and conflict studies
- Work experience and extensive knowledge in theory and practice of civil conflict transformation
- Proven competencies in adult education and didactics
- Confidence in dealing with a variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds, consulting skills and ability to establish new cooperation networks
- Distinct ability to work conceptually and to write applications, offers and reports
- High level of organizational skills and ability to work in a team, taking the initiative where needed
- Experience abroad / proven intercultural skills
- Confidence in using online tools – ideally experience in virtual facilitation/moderation or willingness to learn
- Languague skills: Fluent in English and German
forumZFD offers an attractive position in a dynamic, constantly evolving organization in the beautiful Cologne district of Ehrenfeld. Here you will contribute with your ideas and skills to the team-oriented and cooperative working environment of an internationally active peace organization.
forumZFD offers a 100% position (40 hours/week) initially for a limited period of one year with a possibility of extension option.
The remuneration is based on the works agreement on wage structuring. The advertised position is assigned to salary group 4 (advisor). In all salary groups, the remuneration increases with the length of service within the company. For more information, see https://www.forumzfd.de/de/arbeiten-der-geschaeftsstelle-koeln.
forumZFD offers flexible working hours (core working hours) and opportunities for further training, e.g. at the Academy for Conflict Transformation in the forumZFD. Furthermore, it offers a job ticket as well as an ethical-socially oriented company pension scheme including employer contributions.
You can expect a competent team of committed employees and a workplace in a (family) friendly peace organization with high professional and methodological standards – decided for peace.
Please send your application documents including your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date by January 30, 2022. Please apply exclusively via the website of the forumZFD
https://www.forumzfd.de/de/jobs (please upload a maximum of three files).
The interviews are expected to take place mid-February in Cologne or online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Julia Burmann (email@example.com).