Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Amman, Jordan
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
For their operations in Amman/Jordan, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is looking for an
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Assignment period: 11/01/2023 - 12/31/2025 / full-time
Field of activity
The Civil Peace Service Programme (CPS) in Jordan aims to strengthen the ability of civil society actors to engage in dialogue and to promote non-violent conflict resolution, especially among young people. The overall goal is to strengthen social cohesion in Jordan and to enable people to shape their own future prospects. Trust between the state and civil society is to be strengthened through increased participation of the various population groups in processes of social change. The CPS-programme is aimed equally at all sections of the population, especially refugees and vulnerable groups in host communities, as well as women and young people. CPS-partner organizations are civil society organization. CPS-supports its partners in developing conflict transformation and dialogue activities as well as in monitoring impact and integrating cross-cutting issues like do-no-harm, human rights & gender equality.
- Support to the programme-coordinator on strategic and operational impact-oriented planning, monitoring and evaluation (PM&E)
- Further develop, implement, and adjust a sustainable PM&E system based on CPS guidelines on PM&E and, together with the partners and the CPS-team, develop PME tools adapted to the local contex
- Support the CPS-advisors and CPS-partner organizations in systematically monitoring, documenting, and aggregating outputs and results to report on process indicators
- Develop, organize and facilitate PM&E-trainings and planning processes for the CPS-team and partner organizations
- Improve the integration of cross-cutting issues, such as Do No Harm, Human Rights and Gender Equality
- Support partner organizations in monitoring and reporting processes at project level and the CPS-coordinator with reporting at program level
- Support the programme-coordination in the process of updating and monitoring the joint country strategy with CPS consortium partners in Jordan
- Engage as a focal person in knowledge exchange and cooperate on PM&E with other GIZ-CPS programs and CPS head office in Germany
- Master’s degree in peace and conflict studies, sociology, political sciences, or related subjects
- First experience of demonstrated work experience abroad in peacebuilding and conflict transformation
- Practical knowledge and skills in the field of PM&E and thorough understanding of related concepts
- Profound understanding of the regional and local political, social, and cultural context
- Experience in planning, organizing, and facilitating workshops and trainings
- Distinct capacities in self-organization and working independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to core values and principles of GIZ-CPS, such as mutual respect, non-violent communication, process-orientation, and participatory approaches
- Business fluent in English and willingness to learn Arabic
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 09/06/2023.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=68358
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-IDV000055817.