Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is looking for an Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) for its operations in Kenya/Nairobi.
Assignment period: 11/01/2022 - 12/31/2024
About the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
Field of activity
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. In Kenya, the CPS contributes to the transformation of violent conflicts in the context of social inequalities. The programme supports civil society and governmental partner organisations that are committed to strengthening civil conflict transformation through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, the establishment of dialogue structures and psychosocial support services. Further, since 2014, CPS also runs the special initiative “Preventing Displacements – Reintegrating IDPs”. It focuses on reconciliation between Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) as well as Refugees and host communities, strengthening cooperation between IDPs / refugees, host communities and government, as well as advocacy and legal awareness raising.
- Support the CPS Coordinator and programme team regarding conflict sensitive PME of the CPS
- Strengthen the capacity of the CPS Programme and its local partners in PME, by developing an overarching PME system and documenting project implementations and their respected outcomes
- Assist CPS partner organisations on a needs basis regarding matters of PME, e.g. strategies of conflict transformation, knowledge management, conflict sensitive planning, et al.
- Filing of project documentation into the CPS knowledge management system as well as assisting the CPS management in replying to queries regarding the project
- Preparing proposals and reports in German language to the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Germany
- Review of partner proposals and reports according to the guidelines of the BMZ in Germany
- Enhance the capacity of the CPS programme and its local partners regarding conflict transformation methods and its best practices through knowledge transfer
- Improve the integration of cross-cutting issues, such as Do No Harm, Human Rights and Gender Equality
- Degree in social sciences, peace and conflict management or related discipline; Trainings in PME are an advantage
- Several years of work experience in the peace building and/or development sector, preferably abroad
- Demonstrated work experience in PME, preferably in the peace building sector; knowledge of GIZ rules and regulations and CPS PME Guide is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of German development policy and instruments as well as civil society sector
- Very good analytical skills and solution orientation as well as high level of conflict sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
- High level of frustration tolerance, flexibility as well as intercultural sensitivity
- Fluency in English and German; willingness to learn Kiswahili
The GIZ is looking forward to your application until 08/30/2022.
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in the job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-IDV000051314.