Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) - Mental wellbeing and youth resilience, Amman, Jordan
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
For our operations in Amman/Jordan, we are looking for an
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) - Mental wellbeing and youth resilience
Assignment period: 11/01/2023 - 10/31/2025 /full-time
Field of activity
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. In Jordan, the GIZ-CPS aims to strengthen the ability of civil society actors to engage in dialogue and to promote non-violent conflict transformation. The overall goal is to contribute to social cohesion and to enable people - especially refugees and vulnerable groups in host communities, as well as youth and women - to shape their lives with a perspective for the future. The partner organization I-DARE is dedicated to activating the potentials of young people by taking equal account of the social, economic, and political dimensions of youth development. The organisation offers workspaces, facilitation, and a wide range of self-developed non-formal learning methods. CPS has been supporting I-DARE in developing activities on non-violent conflict transformation through creative socio-cultural approaches to strengthen the resilience of young people.
- Advise on designing and implementing activities in the areas of mental wellbeing and resilience-building, as part of the establishment and development of I-Dare’s new programmatic component “Haki Sehi (Health/y Talk)”, which focuses on promoting the resilience and wellbeing of young people in Jordan
- As part of establishing I-Dare’s new component, advises on tools, techniques and good practices to design and implement an informative, engaging and culturally sensitive online awareness campaign to promote healthy and fulfilling lives and strengthen the resilience of young people in Jordan, by also identifying opportunities and potential barriers as well as creative solutions to overcome them
- Engagement in processes of collective reflection, content creation and planning with I-Dare’s team in the area of mental wellbeing and resilience-building, as well as in Sexual Reproductive Health and nutrition, focusing on how they contribute to conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and good practices in the area of mental health and wellbeing, as well as on their integration into peacebuilding, and reflect this through advising on necessary adjustments to the local context and culture, together with I-Dare’s team
- Document the implemented activities and engage in knowledge exchange and cooperation with colleagues within GIZ-CPS and the CPS consortium
- University degree or equivalent in psychology, social pedagogy, public health, or other relevant fields; additional qualification in the area of peace and conflict studies is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience as a social pedagogue or social worker with a focus on mental health/wellbeing or psychosocial support
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing awareness-raising campaigns on mental health or mental wellbeing
- Familiar with and willing to learn more about digital marketing tools and techniques, including target audience analysis, social media and email marketing, to effectively launch and promote the awareness campaign
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex mental health concepts in a simple and concise manner
- Strong collaboration skills and high degree of intercultural and conflict sensitivity, strong sense of integrity and adherence to ethical principles and standards related to mental health and wellbeing
- High motivation and flexibility to adapt to a challenging context and to changing environments, readiness to deal with ambiguity and use creative problem-solving
- Business fluent in English; Arabic language skills would be an asset, willingness to learn Arabic is essential
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 09/06/2023.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=68377
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-IDV000055827.