Innovation Specialist (div/f/m) Trends around mediation & peace processes
The Berghof Foundation is hiring an Innovation Specialist (div/f/m) Trends around mediation & peace processes. The full-time position is based in Berlin, partially remote working option.
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world. In light of the shifting global context, the Berghof Foundation as an organization has to adapt as well. It is therefore expanding our activities beyond established focal areas into six additional areas of strategic importance. This involves building up new expertise, new forms of collaboration, and new ways of project development.
Overview of the position
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) / Starting date: 01.02.2022 or asap / Duration: 2 year contract with extension options / Location: Berlin, Germany / Team & reporting line: Executive office
What you do:
- You will develop forward-looking, innovative project designs according to Berghof’s strategy
- You (co-)develop creative project ideas including concept notes and full project proposals on topics spanning from mediation support and peacebuilding to climate-conflict nexus to digitalization-conflict nexus
- In regular exchange with senior advisors and support areas, you will ensure the flow of information on new developments in the field among teams
- You support the capacity building within the house in regard to the new topics and according to your own in-depth expertise
- You prepare briefing material and presentations regarding new developments in Berghof’s strategic areas
Your knowledge, experience & skills
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. International relations, peace and conflict studies or environmental sciences)
- Multi-year professional experience in international non-profit programs or within donor organizations
- Proven experience with developing and implementing programme strategies, proposal writing, policy advice, project design and management
- Affinity for networking and proven membership in topic-related hubs/networks
- Flawless fluency in written and spoken German as well as English are essential
- Identification with the values and work of the Berghof Foundation
- By the way: You do not need disciplinary responsibility for the successful completion of your goals, but convince with professional competence and empathic appearance
What you can expect
- Confidence based flexible working hours (5-day-week applies)
- Transparent terms of compensation
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- Modern, elegant and central office in Berlin-Kreuzberg (bordering to Mitte)
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and relocation to Berlin
- Internal team development possibilities for your personal integration and growth
- Family friendly culture and 27 + 1 days of annual vacation
- Dynamic and creative organizational mindset
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references by 20.01.2022 (ending with end of business hours) through the online application system only.
We welcome diversity and are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status.
Apply for this position
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the organization is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.