International Peace Worker (m/f/d) in Sri Lanka
The Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action – KURVE Wustrow is looking for an International Peace Worker (m/f/d) in Sri Lanka for its CPS-programme “Dealing with the Past and Strengthening Civil Society in Sri Lanka”.
Fields of activity:
The InternationalPeace Worker will be integrated into ICES’s work, especially within the project team coordinating and implementing ICES’s CPS project “Promoting Democracy, Human Rights, and Social Inclusion through Research, Dialogue, and the Arts”. The Peace Worker shall be based in Colombo.
- Planning and implementation of the CPS-project within the team and with our local partner, integration into the team of our partner
- Project management: planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities within the project team
- Integrating into the partner organisation’s team and adjustment to the partner organisation’s working conditions
- Proper finance management and reporting within the project team
- Contribution to the CPS country coordinator’s continuous conflict and security analyses
- Participation in KURVE Wustrow’s overall CPS team
- Contribution to comprehensive cross-organisational processes of CPS organisations
- Contribution to networking, public relations and information activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany, as necessary and needs based, mainly with ICES
- University or a similar degree in peace and conflict studies, or another relevant field
- Relevant advanced training in civil, nonviolent conflict transformation (e.g. training as civil peace worker, mediator or coach for conflict transformation)
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international and conflict context, in preference in intercultural teams and/or abroad
- Thorough experience in the area of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation and human rights and experience in or acquaintance with nonviolent social movements
- Strong cultural sensitivity, professional handling of sensitive issues and discourses and ability to self-reflect as well as reflection of global power inequities; team-oriented, high degree of flexibility
- Very good knowledge of English
- Motivation to learn Sinhala or Tamil; knowledge of Sinhala or Tamil is an asset
- Contextual knowledge and/or work experience in Sri Lanka are an asset
- Willingness to travel to remote areas
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision and to work in a diverse team
We particularly invite people to apply who are structurally discriminated on different levels.
We offer a contract in accordance with the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens) or a contract in alignment with the German law for development aid workers for citizens from other countries until 31 December, 2025 (under the condition that the project will be prolonged by the BMZ after the end of 2024), including a preparation period in Germany expected to commence on 1st February 2023.
The conditions of the German law for development aid workers precludes the application and deployment of citizens of the deployment country.
For your application (in English) please use the ONLINE-application form by using the following code Sri Lanka_IPW_ICES until 9 November 2022.
The job interview will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) on 22 November 2022 (or eventually online).