Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Advisor (m/f/d) in Odesa, Ukraine
forumZFD is looking for a PM&E Advisor to join the dedicated team in Ukraine starting in October 2021.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees. Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building. To support this work and make it as sustainable and participatory as possible, forumZFD uses a qualitative, participatory and complexity-aware PM&E system based on the Outcome Mapping approach.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor is responsible for creating processes that support team planning and reflection, processes that enable practice based peer-to-peer learning, and for providing guidance, technical support and capacity building for the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the forumZFD programme in Ukraine. The position works in close coordination with the PME Manager in the forumZFD Head Office (HO) in Cologne, as well as PME Advisors in other country programmes. The PM&E Advisor will coach, capacitate and support the Ukrainian forumZFD team, as well as partners to understand and apply PM&E for peacebuilding and ensure effective programming.
Specific tasks include:
- Support the further development and implementation of forumZFD PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E Manager in the HO and the Country Director.
- Support the programme team in the implementation of forumZFD PM&E, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning processes, as well as further developing the monitoring system on programme and project level.
- Implement monitoring processes at programme and project level to ensure that there is a strong coherence around the programme and projects’ activities.
- Ensure regular data collection, reflection on it and provide support in reports preparation.
- Capacitate, train and support partners of forumZFD, as well as forumZFD programme staff in Ukraine in PM&E.
- Design and facilitation of participatory processes with diverse partner groups.
- Support the knowledge management process for the programme.
Reports to: Country Director and the PME Manager in the Head Office.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, peacebuilding, management, international development or other relevant fields including training in qualitative research methodologies.
- 3 years of experience with qualitative research theory and methods.
- High level of knowledge and skills in data visualization and presentation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work in applying PM&E systems, monitoring methodologies and tools.
- Extensive experience working with groups and in leading participatory processes that inform the planning and monitoring of peacebuilding or in a development cooperation context, preferably in conflict areas.
- Experience facilitating workshops, training and capacity building activities ideally with a PM&E focus,
- Strong management and organizational skills with good understanding of motivating and working with cross-cultural teams.
- Work independently but also cooperatively with team members.
- A high level of personal efficiency and an ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality analytical reports in English.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/ or Russian would be an asset.
- Experience carrying out planning, monitoring and evaluation activities using an Outcome Mapping approach (desirable).
- Good understanding of peacebuilding programming (desirable).
forumZFD offers an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of October 2021 (preparation courses, followed by at least three years contract with the option of extension).
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 31st of July 2021.
An online selection process is planned to be scheduled for beginning of September 2021. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Anneli Droste at droste@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs.