Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Advisor Western Balkans Programme in Belgrade, Serbia
forumZFD is seeking a full-time PM&E Advisor to join our dedicated team in the Western Balkans starting 1st of December 2022.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strive to help overcome war and violence. We are currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as eleven countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocate civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As PM&E Advisor in the Western Balkans programme you will be working in the Regional Office in Belgrade to support management and staff working in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia and Serbia to apply and implement PM&E throughout the programme and to apply and further develop forumZFD´s PM&E system in general. This includes working with the PM&E Manager in the Head Office in Cologne as the interlink between the local PM&E framework and the PM&E structure for all forumZFD programmes. These mechanisms are intended to support the work of the overall regional programme with its thematic areas and projects including data collection and knowledge management. As a member of forumZFD’s cross-programme PM&E team, you will also support and participate in regular thematic PM&E exchanges.
Your main tasks include:
- Supporting the further development and implementation of our PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E Manager in our Head Office, the Regional Management Team (including the Regional Director, four Country Directors and Head of Programme Western Balkans), and all Project Managers and Officers;
- Supporting the programme teams in the implementation of our PM&E activities, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual (online) planning processes, further developing the monitoring system at programme and project levels;
- Implementing monitoring processes at programme- and project level, ensure regular data collection and reflection on it;
- Supporting Head of Programme and Project Managers in writing reports (content, wording and formulation), and filing the respective documentation;
- Supporting the introduction of our PM&E standards to new programme staff;
- Regular participation in calls and meetings of our PM&E team;
- Supporting the development of a knowledge management system for the programme;
- Other tasks as agreed with the Regional Director and/or PM&E Manager in our Head Office.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Profound knowledge in working with systemic approaches to PM&E in the area of peacebuilding and conflict transformation preferably with systemic conflict analysis and Outcome Mapping;
- Profound knowledge in collecting and documenting qualitative and quantitative monitoring data (experience with behavioural and attitude change data is a strong asset);
- Long-term experience in supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Long-term experience in facilitating (online) workshops;
- Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a (global) team and under time pressure;
- Work experience in and with NGOs;
- Proven ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to support the development of projects to consider PM&E requirements of various donors;
- Distinct experience and ability to work effectively in teams, preferably including experience working in virtual team settings;
- Familiarity with key areas of engagement and specific contexts of civil peace work and conflict transformation in the Western Balkans is an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English.
forumZFD offers an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organisation. They also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at our Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG). The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
1st of December 2022 (preparation courses, followed by at a two-year contract with the option of extension).
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs (motivation letter and CV) latest by 30th of September 2022.
A selection process is planned to be scheduled for end of October 2022. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Lisa Picott at email@example.com
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumzfd.de/jobs