Project Manager (m/f/d) for Community Work and Resource Conflict Transformation in Amman, Jordan
forumZFD is looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) in Amman, with extensive travel within the country governorates, starting 1st of June, 2023.
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive positionwith responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG). The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager and capacity-building expert, you will contribute to the implementation and further development of the forumZFD program in Jordan, especially through Community Mobilization within the field of Environmental Resource Conflict Prevention and Conflict Transformation. You will be part of a well-established international and local team supporting partner organizations operating within different communities across Jordan through fieldwork and technical advice.
Your main tasks include planning and implementing activities to improve the capacities of our partners and their target groups. Ideally, you would be able to facilitate the introduction of these through training and workshops with the objective to help civil society organisations to identify and analyse community conflicts and social tensions around natural resources and to develop applicable interventions for conflict solving mechanisms. While planning the interventions you will apply a participatory approach, considering the cultural aspects of community tensions and local environmental context factors. You will link to the already existing capacity-building measures within program team and support the planning and implementation of the communities’ pilot projects and initiatives. This includes also the documentation and presentation, internal knowledge-management processes and PM&E on project and programme level. You will participate in the exchange and communication with local actors and partner organizations. Responsibilities will include assuring the implementation and financial stability of the project and other activities related to this position.
Specific tasks include:
- Assessing local Civil Society landscape working in communities on environmental conflict issues and sustainability;
- Support local partners in planning strategies for environmental awareness-raising campaigns tackling community tensions;
- Design methods and tools for capacity-building for CSOs and community members;
- Plan and implement training, seminars, and workshops for the partner CSOs, preferably in Arabic;
- Increase ownership of partners and communities using conflict prevention, conflict transformation, and community-based development approaches;
- Responsible of the financial and budget planning on the project level;
- Contribute to the financial and budget planning on the program level.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree preferred) in environmental or social sciences, conflict transformation, peacebuilding, international development or other relevant fields;
- Proven professional experience (min. 5 years); in organisational development, community work, youth engagement, local governance, or civil society strengthening projects, preferred experiences in MENA area;
- Experience working with refugees and cooperating with Community Based Organisations, and initiatives in an intercultural context;
- High level of knowledge and training skills, facilitation, visualization, and presentation;
- Proven intercultural skills in addition to experience working and communicating in a team with diverse backgrounds;
- Psycho-social capabilities and awareness working with traumatized participants; resilience and high frustration tolerance are needed;
- English and Arabic language skills are a must for the capability to deliver community training;
- Sound IT skills (Office applications and presentation skills);
- Driving license and experience;
- A good sense of humour.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of June, 2023 (with preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years with the option of extension).
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV and contact details of 2-3 reference persons) online via the job posting on https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs latest by 5th of March, 2023.
A selection process (online assessment) is scheduled for the week of March 27 to 31, 2023. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Ala Omari via omari@forumZFD.de
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs