Head of Program Middle East (m/f/d)
at the head office of forumZFD in Cologne-Ehrenfeld
Become part of our team International Programs! As Head of Program Middle East you are responsible for overseeing and managing the programs in Middle East (Jordan and Israel and Palestine) and drive the program forward. You report directly to the board and represent forumZFD in relevant committees and networks.
The place of work is the head office of forumZFD in Cologne-Ehrenfeld.
Your start of assignment
As a parental leave and sick leave substitute the position is limited until April 2025
What we offer
- Flexible working time without core working hours
- Remote work, in agreement with the team up to 80% of the monthly working time
- Negotiable weekly working hours: 28-32 hours (70-80%)
- Six weeks annual vacation
- Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and Carnival Monday are extra holidays
- A temporary position (1 year)
- Salary is based on our organisation’s salary agreement. The advertised position is assigned to salary group 5 c (Head). In all groups, the salary increases with the length of service. Further information can be found at https://www.forumzfd.de/de/arbeiten-der-geschaeftsstelle-koeln.
- Regular face-to-face meetings and informal team events such as cooking together
- Fresh fruit for employees and guests
- Opportunities for further training, e.g. at the Academy for Conflict Transformation at forumZFD
- Ethical-socially oriented pension scheme including employer contributions
You can expect varied and responsible tasks in a dynamic, constantly evolving organisation in Ehrenfeld, a vibrant neighbourhood in Cologne. Here you will contribute your ideas and skills to the team-oriented and cooperative working environment of an internationally active peace organization.
You will be part of a competent team of committed colleagues and a workplace in a (family-) friendly atmosphere with high professional and methodical standards – committed to peace.
Your new role
- You supervise country/regional directors of program offices in the Middle East.
- You are responsible for international staff management and support country/regional directors in local staff management.
- You are responsible for the strategic and conceptual management of the country programs and quality assurance.
- You are responsible for the financial and budget management of the country programs.
- You represent forumZFD vis-à-vis donors, cooperation partners, national and international stakeholders.
- You represent the country programs in networks, public and media.
What we are looking for
- Master’s degree, preferably in social and societal sciences or comparable qualification
- Proven work experience in peacebuilding or conflict transformation abroad (preferably in the Middle East) or in other international working fields (Development Cooperation or Humanitarian Assistance)
- Proven experience in managing complex processes (project management, people management and financial controlling)
- Extensive leading skills in (systemic) consulting in a participatory environment
- Strong strategic and reflective skills and practical knowledge in the application of impact-oriented methods
- Conflict and context sensibility, ability to work under pressure, self-confidence and crisis resilience
- Being fluent in English and German
- Willingness to travel abroad and into high risk countries
- Experience in and enjoyment of teamwork, with a good sense of humour
Your way to us
Please send us your application documents including your earliest possible starting date by 07.01.2024 exclusively via the forumZFD website https://www.forumzfd.de/de/jobs with a maximum of three files.
The interviews are expected to take place on in week 3 in Cologne.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Alexander Mauz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany and twelve other countries in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates a civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) Consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
More information about the forumZFD and our work can be found at https://www.forumzfd.de/en. These and other job postings can be found under http://www.forumZFD.de/en/jobs. The forumZFD consists of a diverse team. Therefore, we welcome applications from all interested persons, regardless of their origin, religious affiliation, sexual identity or disability. We ask you to refrain from sending an application picture, as we want to promote a world that allows for more equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your application!